- This event has passed.
Empowering Women’s Self-Esteem: Oriental Dance, Neuroscience & Mindfulness
March 16, 2021 @ 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM AEDT$235
This is a workshop based on Neuroscience, Mindfulness and Oriental Dance to increase our self-esteem and empower our lives.
About this Event
Self-esteem has a big impact in each aspect of our lives, therefore, taking care of it should be a priority when wanting to have a happy and fulfilling life – and you can do just that is this seven-session live online course!
During this live streaming course, we will work on our self-esteem through neuroscience methods and mindfulness meditation while at the same time, we will explore the connection with our body through middle eastern dance.
We will focus on an Egyptian dance style called Baladi.
Baladi is a powerful, earthy style of Egyptian dance. When a woman dances Baladi, she is completely rooted in the present moment, connected to her true self. In this improvised style of dance, she shows her pride, her confidence and the power of her femininity.
During this course, which is suitable for all levels, we will:
- Explore the roots of self-esteem and start getting familiar with them to understand the impact they have on our well-being.
- Identify our current values and assess how close they are to the values that move our heart, and how far they are from the life we want to have.
- Examine how important is the way we think and speak about ourselves and how these factors will determine how well or bad we will do in life.
- Work on our ability to accept ourselves unconditionally.
- Reinforce our self-compassionate skills.
- Gain insight regarding the effect others have on our self-esteem levels, as well as the role we have in the self-esteem of others.
- Learn different resources to cultivate and maintain healthy self-esteem levels that will lead to a more confident, authentic and fulfilling life.
This class series runs over 7 consecutive sessions of 1.5 hours each, at the same time every week. Starting on the 16 of March